"Bait & Switch" by Manassas Computer Repair [alias: Advantage Computer Services]
 Bait & Switch / False advertising
 A "Dangle-the-carrot" ploy
On September 4, 2013, ordered a Garmin nuvi 1490LMT 5-Inch Portable GPS from Advantage Computer Services; Manassas, Va. via Amazon.com.
 When my order arrived, it was a much lesser capable "Garmin nuvi 1490T", not a 1490LMT.
The "LMT" designator means "Lifetime Traffic & Maps" updates at no extra cost.
In short, this unit's [the 1490T] retail value is $80.00 to $100.00 LESS than that of the expected 1490LMT unit.
 Additionally, the unit was a "Commercial Fleet Sales" unit intended for trucking & delivery services, not a standard retail unit; meaning the capabilities are heavily restricted. ie: On the main intro screen, instead of "Where To" [to set destinations]; the prompt reads "Dispatch".
Complaint emailed [and called] to Amazon and then to Advantage Computer Services.
Shortly thereafter I [finally] received a response from Ken Campbell [read his second sentence carefully!]
------- Excerpt from email of Ken Campbell, Store Manager ------
From: Advantage Computer Services - Amazon Marketplace
Date: 09/16/13 12:24:15
"We will cover return shipping cost if you agree to take down the negative feedback." <=========
===> Obviously, I did not fall for this ploy.
THIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AT AMAZON.COM WILL REMAIN.
Not surprisingly, Manassas Computer Repair [alias: Advantage Computer Services] is not a BBB member.
My money [$100.00] refunded by Amazon.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Portable Gps
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I made a few orders with the web but all has issues. Order No : W1511292021163422 was ordered on November 30th 2015 but i still haven't received one of the order...."
- "I had the original cover for seven months when the snap edge broke off. I sent it back to outer box with the form and their fee. The new one..."
- "I bought an external Toshiba 3TB hard drive at Walmart. It was packaged as new, with the cable, power supply, etc. When I plugged it into my computer,..."
- "Mag-iisang taon na sa September until now hindi pa rin naibabalik sa akin ang refund ko. Paulit-ulit same emails whenever I am doing the follow up. I called the Paypal..."
- "So basically I got my third last night. The top is my ear, and the bottom is what it's supposed to look like! My piercer did a horrible job. I..."
- "Don't ever give AAA your money! Manasses AAA sent me a notice that I could enroll for $100 when I called, the guy told me that I couldn't..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."
- "All seams on the chair the dye is all coming off to an ugly white colored leather underneath. Barely any use to the chair. I contacted Slumberland and they said..."